Group: Forum Doctor
Topics Started: 377
Last seen online:
Thu, 25 Jul 2024 4:16 pm
User's local time:
Mon, 28 Oct 2024 10:22 am
Green Water: No

Good morning Bros,

Today I decide to post something more serious and subtle compared to the usual dose of updates and replies. I would like to share my Goldfish commandments with you. So if any of you die-hard fans of goldfish have similar thoughts please contribute unconditionally.

MY TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GOLDFISH KEEPING

1) LEARN ALL ABOUT FILTRATION: There is no such thing as a perfect filter system. You can never achieved the unattainable. There are too many variables to worry so don’t waste time chasing shadows.

2) TO QUARANTINE OR NOT TO QUARANTINE: If you don’t quarantine or don’t intend to, please don’t keep. fish You are flushing your money into the toilet together with your fish. Please assume all new fish are infected.

3) TEST, TEST, TEST: Always test all water parameters before you reach out for that medication. Far too often you kill your fish through your negligence rather than they die off any disease. So test first, you can medicate later.

4) CONTROL YOUR FEEDING: We tend to overfeed intentionally or unintentionally. Fish don’t die of underfeeding but they are often killed by our overfeeding.

5) BEST FISH IS NOT IN YOUR POSSESSION: Don’t assume you have the best fish in your possession. The best fish is being held by someone else other than you. There should be a sense of humility in your keeping.

6) OVERCROWDING: Never overcrowd at all cost. You need to be a real master in water management in order to overcome overcrowding.

7) PRODUCTS AND SUPPLIES: There are more than a thousand products in the market to help you in your keeping but there are equally a few thousands of product that will spoil your keeping. So be prudent. Never trust and buy on advice of LFS seller. They don’t understand your needs but understand theirs only. Buy your products and supplies after careful studies and consultation with well-informed, impartial and experienced hobbyists, like RAFFLESGOLD MEMBERS. (Ha)

8) CHANGE WATER: The key word is CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE. If you are not prepared to make drastic water changes, forget this hobby and keep something else. Clear water does not equate clean water. Be a mastet of water management and the water will manage your fish. Trust me.

9) LEARN ABOUT YOUR FISH: There are few hundred varieties to choose from after much cross breeding. Subscribe to a local or foreign society and get active in forums and chats through the internet(do I smell a rat RG members) Even though you don’t show your fish, show up yourself to learn first hand from experienced hobbyists the show standards and the criterion of your particular interest.

10) LOVE: The panacea taught by all major spiritual practice. Goldfish keeping is no difference. With love comes responsibility, the drive to seek the optimum for your beloved pets. Like us they are subjected to the wrath of sickness, degeneration and death. Learn to cope with these, overcome them with zeal and graduate to become a die-hard fan so that you live to impart your knowledge and skill to those that remain ignorant and naïve of its keeping.

I am no Goldfish GOD but if there is ONE, I would like to be HIS ambassador. The above are my personal guidelines which I try to abide. I’m sure there are many of you out there which may not agree to or may have some reservations of the above commandments. Please share your thoughts and opinion. Remember we are all here to learn and teach as well. Sorry for the lengthy script for I find it hard to concise it further.

Regards Goldrush peace.gif peace.gif peace.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28-Oct-24 10:22 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us